Today I woke up at 5 pm… and I don’t even know why. So I went to the kitchen to grab a piece of pie -that I baked yesterday afternoon- for “breakfast”. And it was all gone. So I had to make another one today. Anyhow, because it’s so good and so easy I’m gonna share my recipe por this Fruit pie for dummies.
Fruit pie for dummies - maybe 12 portions
- You’ll need:
- 4 cups of flour with no yeast
- 1 cup of butter (it doesn’t matter if it has salt)
- 1 cup of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- A trickle of water (if needed)
- 3 eggs
- A can of chopped fruits (or any other stuff you’ll like your pie to be)
- A medium sized mold (better if detachable)
- Mix the dry ingredients together, meaning the flour, sugar and salt, on a dry and clean surface.
- Make a volcano a put in it the butter. Kinda mix it together.
- Make another volcano and put the two eggs in it. Take a deep breath, put your hands in it and mix everything very well together. If it’s too sticky you can add some more flour, if it’s too dry add a little bit of water.
- You’ll know when the mass it’s done when it doesn’t stick to your fingers. Then spread it with a roller (save some of it first for decoration).
- Put the mass on your mold and make it fit. Grab a fork and pinch everywhere with it. Put this in the fridge for 20 mins, it’s gonna make the mass set. After this, take the mass in the mold to the oven to 250°C for 25 mins. It really depends how thick the mass is so you’ll know when it’s half done when the edge is kinda crispy.
- While you’re waiting, grab a cookie cutter and, with the mass you saved earlier, make the decorations for the top of your pie. It can be the shape you like. I made croocked hearts
- Once the mass it’s half done, take it out the oven open the can and put everything in the mold. I put the hearts on everything for decoration. Once this is ready, take an egg and mix it with some sugar, Publicar entradabrush everything with this mix.
- Take it to the oven for half an hour or when it’s kinda brown.